The Missionary Daughters of the Heart of Mary
The Congregation of Missionary Daughters of The Heart of Mary was founded by Mother Maria Güell and Puig, on September 14, 1899, in Cervera Hospital, Lleida, belonging to Solsona diocese (Spain).
Although she began her work taking care of the sick, both in hospitals and watching over them at their homes, the charisma she bequeathed to her daughters, the Missionary Daughters of The Heart of Mary, includes all kinds of ministries where charity is practised in simplicity and humility. “The Charisma of the Institute, inherited from the Mother Founder and recognised by the Church, is the following of Jesus Christ on the path of the Evangelical counsels, living the Gospel in the exercise of charity with modesty and humility, in the light and example of the Virgin Mary, so simple and humble of Heart”.
In the educational field, the Missionary Daughters of The Heart of Mary are called to make truth of created things be known, leading the students to the source of the whole truth and creation: Christ-in-person.”
Currently, the Congregation is present in Spain, Portugal, Italy, Brazil and Peru.
If you want to know more about the Missionary Daughters of The Heart of Mary, click here: